There are plenty of reasons why one might want to skip a regular meal and enjoy a shake instead. Shakes are portable, quick, expedient, and most importantly, low in calories. Yeah, they have a low-calorie count, meaning that they can help with weight maintenance or weight loss — probably why their popularity is increasing by the day.
However, all shakes are not the same. You need to make sure that you get the right one. If your aim is to lose weight, you need a meal replacement shake that is specially formulated for that purpose. Some are formulated to help people put up extra weight or bulk up; these are packed with calories.
The Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake
The Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake is an all-in-one organic nutrition meal powder formulated to replace a whole meal for anyone who might want to do that for one reason or another. In its entirety, the shake is made up of organic, plant-based protein, greens, sprouts, fibre, as well as fruits and veggies. That’s all the components anyone would be looking for in a healthy meal.
Orgain meal replacement shake is an on-the-go meal for people on a very busy schedule. It’s creamy and delicious, but also has high protein content, meaning a higher level of satiety. Though that’s not its original goal, the Orgain meal replacement shake is perfect for people looking to drop a few pounds healthily.
What’s Contained in the Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake?
Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake contains 20 grams of plant-based protein, 8 grams of organic fibre, organic sprout and greens, as well as fruits and veggies. The detailed list of ingredients in the ingredients of the Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake is as follows:
- Proteins blend containing brown rice protein, chia seed protein, and pea protein – all organic.
- Organic creamer base containing acacia gum, sunflower oil, rosemary extract, rice bran extract, and natural organic flavours.
- Organic sprout blend containing amaranth, quinoa, millet, buckwheat, garbanzo bean, flax seed, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed, sprouted chia, lentil, and adzuki.
- Organic greens blend containing grasses like barley, oat, wheat, and alfalfa grass. Additionally, it contains guar gum, acacia gum, xanthan gum, tomatoes, kale, spinach, beets, carrots, raspberry, blueberry, acai, banana, apple, and amia fruit (vitamin C).
- Vitamin blend containing guava, lemon extract, and annatto (beta carotene).
The Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake, as you can see, is made of natural blends of organic protein, creamer base, sprout, greens, as well as fruits and veggies. It’s a whole meal shake, so nothing is left to chance. Below is the list of Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake nutritional facts.
Vanilla Bean & Chocolate Nutrition Labels
An Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake serving size of two flat scoops contains the following:
- 220 calories, 45 of which are from fat. There is a total of 5 grams of fat (8 percent). Saturated fat is 1 gram (5 percent of the available fat). Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake has zero cholesterol.
- Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake contains 175 mg of potassium and 190 mg of sodium which represent 5 percent and 8 percent of the shake formulae respectively.
- 24 grams of carbohydrates including 8 grams of dietary fibre, 1 gram of sugars, and 5 grams of sugar alcohol.
- 40 percent of the shake serving is plant-based protein (20 grams).
- Other crucial nutrients contained in the serving are vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium, thiamine, riboflavin, and folate. There’s still more: niacin, vitamin B6, as well as pantothenic acid.
The above daily values are with reference to a 2,000 calorie diet. Depending on the individual calorie needs, these values may change from one person to the next. Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake contains all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
Benefits of Taking Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake
The increase in popularity of meal replacement shakes is attributable to weight loss. Losing weight is tricky business, not many people have the willpower to take drastic cuts in sugary foods and calories. Meal replacement shakes are great for people looking to get started on their weight loss journey, even if you just want to shed a few pounds of your stubborn belly fat.
- Great for people on the go. If your job requires you to be the road for most days of the week, an Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake might be of much help to you. Being constantly on the go means no time to prep or grab a decent meal at home.
- Can help you cut down on binge eating. Dieting means long durations without eating foods that you are used to eating. When you finally stop dieting, you are more prone to binge eating. Taking one serving of Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake contains a high level of protein to keep you full for a longer period and keep you from binging on unhealthy foods.
- Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake is easy to prep and take. Making one healthy meal at home takes a lot of time. If you are in a hurry or simply feeling a little lazy, you can take a meal replacement shake that has the same benefits and go to sleep.
There are numerous advantages of taking Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake, but convenience is by far the biggest. Also, the fact that the shake contains all the important nutrients and vitamins can be ignored. Meal replacement shakes have their downsides too, the best you can do is get as much information about the product as you can before you decide to take it.
Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake Key Facts
- Flavours. The Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake comes in a creamy chocolate fudge flavour. It does not contain any artificial sweeteners, flavours, colourings, or preservatives.
- Taste profile. The creamy chocolate flavour in the Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake has a delicious taste and a creamy texture that many love.
- Satisfaction. The Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake is rich in protein. Protein is known for a high level of satiety. The shake leaves you satisfied for a long time, and that’s why it’s great for weight loss.
Possible Side Effects & Allergy Warnings
As per the list of ingredients detailed earlier in the article, Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake is gluten-free. The shake is also free of tree nuts and peanuts. Nuts and gluten are known allergy causing agents, and therefore, Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake does not pose any allergy threats to most persons. Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake doesn’t also contain soy; it’s soy free.
Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake, according to the manufacturer, is not manufactured in a gluten free and nut facilities. However, measures are taken to ensure that there is no cross-contamination. The manufacturer also follows the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to ensure purity. Other possible side effects include:
- The Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake contains a high level of fiber. There may be cases of gassing and bloating resulting from the fiber.
- If you replace too many meals with a shake, you are likely to feel fatigued because you will not be getting enough calories.
- Though meal replacement shakes have most of the important nutrients available in whole foods, but not all of them. Therefore, when you replace meals with shakes, you will be getting a lower nutrient uptake.
- Water fiber. As stated earlier, meal replacement shakes are rich in fiber. Therefore, you will become thirsty and drink a lot of water. This could mess with the natural water balance levels in your body.
Orgain Organic Shake Pros and Cons
Here are the pros and cons of using Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake. Take a look;
- Complete nutrition including protein, fibre, fruits and vegies, etc.
- Smooth and delicious in taste – no grittiness.
- It’s only available in two flavors – chocolate and vanilla.
- Lacks some important nutrients.
How to Purchase Orgain Organic Shakes
Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake can be purchased online from any of the online retailers offering the product, for instance, Amazon. Also, Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake is available in over 20,000 retail stores across the united states. Check http://orgain.com/products/organic-meal-powder/ for more information on where to buy the product.
Or you can simply visit Amazon.com/orgain-organic/shakes, Orgain is a prefer & verify seller over at Amazon. You can rest assured that you are buying from a reputable retailer with a 60 day money back. You can also check out verify reviews of Orgain shakes from verify purchasers over at Amazon as well.
What Do You Think?
So, what do you think about Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake? Is there any other detail you think we should have included? Let us know by dropping your thoughts in the comment section below. You can also share your experiences on the use of Orgain Organic Meal Replacement Shake.