Obesity is a serious problem in our country. We need to work together to help people shed weight, get in shape, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. One way to do this is to promote the use of meal replacement plans.
What is Medifast, and How Does it Work?
Medifast is a trusted, reputable company that sells high-protein, low-fat meals, snacks, and condiments. All of their products are nutrient-dense and are fortified with 24 vitamins and minerals.
Regardless of which meal you eat, you’ll feel full and satisfied, and you won’t have to worry about packing on unwanted pounds.
Medifast offers 65 low-glycemic, low-calorie meal options. After only a few days on the Medifast diet, you’ll start to lose fat, but not muscle. They also provide an easy to follow shopping list.
With Medifast, you won’t have to worry about counting calories. You’ll eat 6 meals and snacks a day, and you can spread them out as you please. Five of the meals are 100 calories and one is the larger portion lean and green meal. You can eat this at any time, but frequently it’s served up for dinner.
You’ll have plenty of options to choose from, and your dinners will consist of ingredients that are lean and green. They’ll fill you up, please your taste buds, and won’t drain your bank account.
How can Medifast help you?
Medifast can assist people of all sizes. Whether you want to lose a few pounds or you need to shed more than one-hundred, Medifast can help. Visit their website and select the plan that’s best for you.
Medifast Weight Loss & Meal Plans
- Medifast Flex. This is a flexible plan focused on gradual weight loss. You can choose from three meal kits, the 14-day trial kit, 30-day select kit, and 30-day select kit. The trial kit is now offered for only $149.00 and includes 5 bonus gifts. The 30-day select kit costs $299.00 and features 126 different meals and 7 bonus gifts. You’ll also receive 9 microwavable meals, like chicken, rice, and vegetables, turkey meatball marinara, chicken cacciatore, and beef stew. The 30-day select kit comes with a free blender, free shipping, 126 meals, 12 microwavable meals, and 8 free bonus gifts.
- Medifast Go! This is designed to help you lose weight fast. You can choose from a 13-day kit or a 30-day kit. For $149, you get 14 days of meals, 70 total, and 4 bonus gifts, including a free blender bottle. The 30-day kit is a customer favorite and comes with 147 meals and 4 bonus gifts, all for $329.00.
- Medifast Thrive. Thrive Healthy Living Plan is designed for healthy weight maintenance. For less than $300.00, you’ll receive 3 Thrive by Medifast Healthy Fueling meals, 2 Lean and Green Plus meals, and 1 Balanced Meal.
Does Medifast Really Work?
Medifast employs a Scientific Advisory Board of scientists and doctors. They review the effectiveness, safety, and nutritional benefits. They also help develop new meals, supplements, alternative ways to lose weight. They also come up with meals and plans for people with special dietary needs, including:
- Gluten allergies
- Nursing Moms
Clinical studies show that Medifast works. Researchers at several university teaching hospitals have provided evidence time and time again that Medifast is an effective, safe way to lose weight and to keep it off.
Studies have also been published in peer-reviewed medical journals that show that meal replacements work. Scientists and doctors around the country recommend Medifast to their patients and friends. It has been proven by time and tested by science.
The Nutrition Journal compared the Medifast diet with a USDA diet with the same amount of calories. The researchers found that Medifast was more effective, especially initially at reducing weight.
The International Journal of Obesity published a study that showed significant weight loss and a reduction in fat over a one-year period. The results were even more impressive when they were compared with a food-based diet over the same time frame.
Medifast Pros & Cons
- It will motivate you to lose weight and keep it off. Medifast is designed to help you lose weight fast. You’ll notice results within weeks, and you’ll be encouraged to continue to shed pounds as you notice it’s working.
- It will fill you up. The meals are prepared with science and nutrition in mind. They’re high in fiber, high in protein, and low in fat. The snacks and meals you eat will keep you full, and you won’t have to worry about gaining weight. As long as you stick with the program, you’ll lose weight and you won’t be forced to eat bland, flavorless food.
- It’s simple. You eat 5 low-calorie snacks and 1 lean and green meal a day. That’s it. Follow the 5 & 1 method promoted by Medifast, incorporate exercise, and that’s it. It’s not overly complicated, and the Medifast website has plenty of resources to click on to answer any questions you may have.
- It’s safe. Medifast has been studied and reviewed time and time again by scientists, nutritionists, dietitians, and doctors. It’s withstood the test of time and has helped thousands of men and women throughout the country.
- It provides you with access to weight-loss plan guides and tools. When you need an answer to a question or help understanding how the diet works, visit the Medifast website.
- It’s less effective if you don’t include exercise. Like most diets, Medifast isn’t nearly as effective if you don’t work out.
- When you stop, you need to be disciplined to keep off the weight. Medifast only works if you stick with it. You can’t do it halfway, you need to be fully committed. When you stop, the weight can pile on quickly. When you’re on the diet, you’ll get used to having meals prepared for you. Unless you switch to another diet plan, you’ll have to prepare your meals yourself. Before you quit, make sure you have a gameplan that will help with the transition.
- It’s not good for everyone, especially if you have diabetes. Make sure you talk to your doctor if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, a heart condition, and other issues. Medication may be affected by drastic weight loss. People with diabetes should be warned that losing too much weight too fast could dangerously lower your blood sugar levels.
- It can be expensive. If you want a one-month supply, you can expect to spend $200-300 dollars. This can add up, so make sure you budget accordingly before you start your Medifast diet.
- Some users complain about the taste. The food is generally well received, but not everyone is pleased with the meal options. Browse through the selections and decide if the meals and snacks sound like something you would enjoy. You’re on a diet, so you can’t expect the filet mignon or food high in sugar and fat. You will have to sacrifice if you choose to start the Medifast diet. If you want to lose weight, you have to be fully committed to the meal plans offered.
Where & How To Purchase Medifast
Medifast can be purchased from the official Medifast website here. Medifast is also featured on marketplaces and other websites.
However, we strongly recommend purchasing from the official Medifast website for the best prices and customer assurance.
The website goes over all of the available packages, prices, and menu items. It also features tips plus articles about exercising and mentally preparing for weight loss.
All of these features combine to create a comprehensive program that works for all ages and genders.
Visit Medifast1.com, read the Medifast reviews, and find the best deals for you.
Today’s Deal: Click Here To Get 15% Off On Orders $150+ At Medifast! (Offer Expires Soon!)
What Do You Think?
Since 1980, Medifast has been recommended by more than 20,000 doctors. They offer a variety of snacks and meals that will encourage your body to lose weight and will help you keep it off. Have you tried Medifast?
We’re looking for Medifast reviews from consumers like you. We’d love to hear about your experiences with Medifast! Share it with us and our readers in the comments below!