What Is The Difference Between Nutrisystem FreshStart and Turbo13?
The good news is if you liked Nutrisystem Turbo13 you’re going to love Nutrisystem FreshStart. The current program, FreshStart is an improved version of Turbo13 with more features and benefits. Including:
- A broader menu with over 160 menu items, that include 20 additional meals and snacks.
- New additions to the frozen food menu made with garden-fresh ingredients
- A specially created first-week menu designed to jumpstart your weight loss.
New options, new improvements and a new look are what make FreshStart an enhanced version of Turbo13.
***Nutrisystem is offering our readers a special 45% off discount on Nutrisystem FreshStart w/ Free FedEx Shipping, Free Shakes Today.
How Does Nutrisystem Work?
First of all, Nutrisystem isn’t just one weight loss program but a whole system or collection of programs. Unlike other fly-by-night programs, Nutrisystem doesn’t promise any quick-fix, over-night successes—instead, it introduces lifestyle and nutritional management changes that, if implemented consistently and faithfully, will help people lose weight naturally, safely and gradually.
Instead of asking you to count calories, learn to cook nutritiously or take over your life in other ways, Nutrisystem has done much of the homework involved in deciding what to eat—accordingly, they provide expertly measured, researched and prepared meals to be consumed over a 28-day period. Each meal has just the right quantity/configuration of nutrients for an average adult.
Like the other programs in the system, Nutrisystem Fresh Start is getting mostly positive reviews.
In fact, some people are claiming that it has exceeded their expectations, ostensibly because of their having achieved significant weight loss results.
This review is meant to be an objective comprehensive evaluation of this new program. To that end, we looked at a number of different areas, including plan details, the pros, and cons, benefits to be expected, etc.
What Is Nutrisystem FreshStart?
Nutrisystem FreshStart is a promotional offer that entails receiving a whole week’s worth of meals meant to super-charge the effects of the Nutrisystem programs. To access this offer, you have to buy one of their meal plans.
Those who accept this offer receive a quick starting weight loss plan designed to help anyone lose 13 pounds and 7 to 8 inches in the very first month. That first week will include a FreshStart plan that includes:
- Seven FreshStart Shakes full of probiotics and protein for good digestive health and to help get rid of belly fat
- Seven days of special breakfast, lunch and dinner meals
- Seven days of Nutrisystem snacks (to get rid of cravings)
- And a “Daily Tracker” tool to keep tabs on progress
After you complete that first week, you’ll transition into the standard plan or the main plan that you had chosen which also includes an additional 3-week tracking system.
If you have been struggling to find the right diet for yourself, the new Nutrisystem FreshStart was designed to help you find a diet plan that fits your very unique needs, desires and circumstances.
This promotional program is meant to bring in from the cold anyone that has heard about Nutrisystem but still hasn’t made up his/her mind. Nutrisystem FreshStart program is basically a “welcome home” introductory package that is meant to prove to you that, yes, safe and effective plans can work for you.
In essence, FreshStart is meant for skeptics, for those still standing on the fence and for those that want proof before they will sign on the dotted line.
Confident that Nutrisystem can work if, given the right commitment and input, the designers of this plan are basically saying “Yes, we can help you—why don’t you just give us a try and see what we can do?”
*** Nutrisystem is offering our readers 45% off FreshStart w/ Free FedEx Shipping, Shakes & Snacks Today! Click here to activate special offer!
Nutrisystem FreshStart Summary
Nutrisystem FreshStart is, first of all, intended for individuals who have been looking for a safe and effective weight reduction system that they can participate in without the burdens of literally having to become a nutrition expert, a weight-loss cook, and someone who can manage such a thing independently and without much guidance.
Unfortunately, most people don’t have the discipline or willpower to make most diet programs work, especially the type where they won’t have anyone guiding them, monitoring their progress and holding them responsible for their success. The reason Nutrisystem works for many people is that it doesn’t make those same mistakes seen in other weight control diet plans.
Nutrisystem provides guidance but doesn’t try to control every aspect of your dietary experiences—in fact, your input is welcome; you are also given some leeway in terms of your dietary plan. Without your input and willingness to participate, no diet plan will work–it’s that simple!
Nutrisystem works because it gives you what most people must have: choices. You decide what plan best fits your needs and special circumstances. You also get to choose your menu, being able to select from a wide, fulfilling variety. The system then offers you convenience; as a general rule, what you order arrives at your front door ready to be consumed within 4 to 10 days.
The meals that come to you have been expertly designed, planned and packaged with people like you in mind. “People like you?”—yes, you know, people who are serious about eating healthy, losing weight safely and effectively, and who want to get back to a healthy lifestyle.
Many things are taken into account when designing these meals, including things like how many calories an average adult needs per day (depending on your lifestyle), which nutrients are most necessary for proper health, what foods are most likely to hurt and benefit your health, and important medical concepts like the Glycemic index.
The idea is to limit the consumption of excessive amounts of fat, cholesterol, carbohydrates, glucose, and fructose, while, at the same time, making sure that you get an adequate amount of each of these things. As it turns out, even cholesterol is an essential nutrient so it’s not a good idea to completely get rid of cholesterol from a diet; the same goes for lipids or fats.
The human body needs a certain amount of healthy fats every day—this is especially important for children, athletes, nursing moms and pregnant women.
Nutrisystem meals also take into account the nutritional needs of people with special dietary needs, like the elderly and diabetics.
Meals are designed to contain basic food components in proper moderation. Remember, for example, that even diabetics need glucose—without glucose cells would die off.
What you don’t want, are diets that offer excessive amounts of certain things—in the case of diabetics, that would be carbohydrates, sucrose, and fructose, all of which provide glucose.
All of these can be eaten, but in quantities that are easily managed by the body. Actually, this goes for healthy adults also. Excessive consumption of things like sugar is one of the reasons people gain too much weight. Excessive amounts of fats and sugar consumed, if not needed by an active, well-exercised human being, are easily turned into body fat by the human body.
The entire Nutrisystem line is designed to help you make the best of what you eat every day so that you, first of all, stop gaining weight; secondly, this system will help you lose the extra weight you’ve gained over time. Since it took years to get where you are right now, though, isn’t reasonable to expect that approximately the same amount of time will be needed to lose it?
Actually, you can lose weight more quickly than you gained it, but the point is that neither process can be rushed. This is why none of the Nutrisystem plans offer a get-thin-quick scheme. This is one of many assurances that you can take to heart.
Which Foods Are Included in Nutrisystem’s FreshStart Program?
All the foods in this program contain just the right amounts of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, fat, fiber, proteins, etc.
But, unlike the bad diets that some people follow, this program uses these nutrients in the right ratios. For example, it increases fiber and whole grains while reducing fat/cholesterol intake. But this system isn’t short on taste or selection.
The meals provided offer great taste, variety, and zestiness, to boot. To add to the nutrition value, these meals don’t contain artificial sweeteners, flavors or food colors.
Natural ingredients, fruits, vegetables, lean meats—all these things are featured in the meals. View or Print Nutrisystem Food Menu List!
Note: With FreshStart, Nutrisystem will be providing your first week of food (these meals are specially selected to accelerate your weight loss). After the first week, you will transition to the plan that you’ve selected at sign up.
Customization of your meals is only available with the Core, Uniquely Yours, Uniquely Yours Plus and Vegetarian Plan.
Nutrisystem’s specialty plan “Diabetes”, customers will still need to choose one of four main diet plans to get started – Basic, Core, Uniquely or Uniquely Yours Plus.
Customers on the Basic plan will receive Nutrisystem “Chef Choice”. Chef Choice is a pre-selected assortment of Nutrisystem most popular food menu items.
What Are the Main Benefits of FreshStart?
The main benefits of this program include:
- If you participate faithfully and follow the plan, you will lose some weight, hopefully enough to convince you that Nutrisystem FreshStart was a good investment on your part.
- Loss of weight without overdoing it at the gym; in other words, everything in moderation is good but some people try to lose weight just through exercise. You must also eat right if you want to lose weight safely.
- The need to spend less time planning and preparing meals; think of all the extra time you’ll have each week!
- The lack of stress that comes with knowing that your meals are taken care of each week. Cooking can be very stressful for many people.
- Reduced medical costs; there is no question that being overweight can lead to many medical issues and diseases. Or it can make medical problems worse. Losing weight will mean not only feeling healthier but, in most cases, also being healthier.
- The meals provided are easily less expensive than what you’d pay if you eat out a lot; in this regard, the plan can save you money.
- Almost every day you hear of a mishap at a local restaurant. The meals you are provided with are bound to be much safer than those served at a restaurant.
- You can choose from a huge variety of meals available. There is enough here to keep your taste buds humming for months to come.
- You are less likely to gain weight from over-eating if the meals you eat are pre-measured. These meals give you just the right amounts you need, without compromising your weight goals.
Is Exercise Part of the Nutrisystem FreshStart Program?
Although you would do well to engage in regular physical activities, Nutrisystem does not force you to engage in any one type of exercise program—more importantly, no burdens will be put on you for which your body may not be ready.
Then again, Nutrisystem does encourage everyone (with the approval and monitoring of your physician) to engage in about 150 minutes of moderate physical exercise every week. This can be as simple as walking at a good pace for at least 30 minutes each day. By all means, consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.
How Can Nutrisystem FreshStart Help You?
Nutrisystem FreshStart can help you lose weight by setting a preliminary goal of losing 13 pounds within a specific amount of time. Any goal setting expert will tell you that the best goals are those that are measurable, quantifiable and realistic. Well, all of the goals in the Nutrisystem FreshStart qualify.
The FreshStart program can work because it encourages you to achieve from the get-go. It sets the bar for you at a place that you can conquer, unlike many unrealistic diet plans. Finally, it allows you to keep track of your progress, culminating in an opportunity to continue the progress you achieved by enrolling in one of the most effective programs that have been introduced anywhere: the Nutrisystem program.
Does Nutrisystem FreshStart Really Work?
You know the Nutrisystem FreshStart program works because many of the people who’ve tried it say it does. It works because it is portion controlled—in other words, you don’t have to do that calorie counting exercise everyone hates. It works because it provides balanced nutrition—the meals provide the right amounts of nutrition and calories you need to stay active and healthy.
It works because it provides frequent, satisfying meals, including hunger-crushing, delicious snacks. Finally, it works because everything has been carefully-calculated, including the calories, fat, carbohydrates, sugar, etc. The foods you will eat are simply healthier than alternatives, including meals you can prepare yourself every day.
Nutrisystem Plans That Include FreshStart
What’s good about the FreshStart promotional offer is that it can be the introduction to any of the meal plans in the Nutrisystem line-up. In line with its commitment to always give members choices, Nutrisystem doesn’t limit what plan you can enter after you complete your FreshStart protocols. The FreshStart promotion applies no matter what subsequent choices you make.
Here are all Nutrisystem Plans:
- Uniquely Yours
- Uniquely Yours Plus
- Men’s (Check out our Nutrisystem for Men review for more details)
- Diabetics (Fresh Start is not included)
Note: Details and prices vary with plans. View & compare all Nutrisystem plans here.
What Types of Food Can You Expect to Prepare & Eat with NutriSystem FreshStart?
Like everything else in the Nutrisystem lineup, everything your body needs to stay healthy and lose weight safely is part of the package in the Nutrisystem FreshStart promotion. The idea is for you to faithfully try the pre-planned, packaged foods in order to meet the goals set for you. By agreeing to try this plan, you are in essence agreeing to eat just what’s included in the meal plan selected.
If you have taste preferences or dietary needs, you have the option of handpicking your food (Nutrisystem Custom Menu). Or, you can have Nutrisystem do the work for you with their “Chef Choice” which consist of an assortment selection of their popular menu items.
Nutrisystem also gives you the option of mixing their food selection with your own with the guidance of their grocery guide (view or print).
To customize your existing Auto-Delivery order, simply edit your menu through the Manage Orders option via Nutrisystem.com.
Note: With FreshStart, Nutrisystem will be providing your first week of food (these meals are specially selected to accelerate your weight loss). After the first week, you will transition to the plan that you’ve selected at sign up.
Important Details About Nutrisystem FreshStart
It is worth noting, that Nutrisystem FreshStart Shakes are only included in your first week with FreshStart. After the first week, you will continue on with Nutrisystem with the plan you have selected at sign-up.
However, if you have chosen Nutrisystem “Uniquely Yours Plus” plan, you’ll receive 28 FreshStart shakes instead of 7 and you’ll receive 4 weeks of FreshStart shakes (28 shakes) on a monthly basis.
Nutrisystem FreshStart Shakes are packed with over 23 vitamins and minerals. Nutrisystem shakes also help supports the digestive system and keeps you fuller for longer. Note: Nutrisystem FreshStart Shakes are available in the following flavors Vanilla & Chocolate only. Both shake flavors contain 120 calories and 15g of protein.
The shakes will be available at an additional price which can be bought online at the Nutrisystem A LA Carte store. Here is the cost breakdown of these shakes:
Nutrisystem FreshStart Shakes
- 7-Pack for $24.99
- 14-Servings for $39.99
- 28-Servings for $79.98
Nutrisystem FreshStart Pros and Cons
Some of the positives of using Nutrisystem FreshStart include:
- You don’t have to count carbs, calories or points—Nutrisystem does that for you!
- You get the right combination of nutrients that your body needs.
- You will receive the high amount of fiber to keep you digestibly healthy, regular & generally feeling “full.”
- You’ll get lots of lean & healthy protein with which to keep re-building healthy cells—for, indeed, the human body literally rebuilds itself every day.
- You’ll enjoy low glycemic index carbohydrates—especially important for pre-diabetics, diabetics and, yes, people trying to lose weight.
- You can choose from over 120 tasty, preservative-free & delicious meals—by the way, they’re also free from artificial colors, sweeteners, and flavors.
- You will get the right type & quantities of fats, while also being protected from harmful trans fats.
- You will have access to a team of professional counselors and educators—in other words, a good “support” system.
- You’ll get free access to NuMi, a state-of-the-art weight losing help app.
The “cons” of the FreshStart plan include:
- Some people, especially those who love sugary, high-fat and “fast” foods, may find these much healthier alternatives not as tasty as what their taste buds are used to—rest assured, though, that this is merely a psychological illusion that you can, with help, overcome.
- Some people with digestive issues may not find this plan entirely suitable. Some people, for example, have reported excessive bloating and gas—most probably from the high fiber content.
- Some critics worry that there aren’t enough scientific studies to support the claims of success about Nutrisystem (long-term) weight loss.
Nutrisystem FreshStart Reviews & Results
First and foremost, FreshStart is a new and improved version of Nutrisystem Turbo 13. Both promotional offers are basically the same in regards to losing up to 13 pounds and 7 inches in your first month. However, Nutrisystem did improve the offer by adding more tools, changing their shake formula which are receiving rave reviews. They also replace the 7 Nutricurb Bars with 7 snacks.
This review will only highlight the Nutrisystem FreshStart promotional offer. If you will like more in-depth details on the Nutrisystem diet as a whole, make sure to check out our main Nutrisystem review for more information.
The majority of reviews showcase many users losing the 13 pounds and 7 inches in their first month. Some users even lost more, this may be due to their metabolism, water-intake, daily activities, etc. Overall, in the weight loss category – FreshStart live up to its name and promise!
Here is a recent weight loss study for Nutrisystem (First month):
*Average weight loss in a study was 11.6 lbs. and 8 inches total. (Women)
*Average weight loss in a study was 15.15 lbs. and 8 inches total. (Men)
Although users lost weight, the first week of FreshStart was the most difficult for some people. Due to being restricted to Nutrisystem provided meals only and not being able to customize the meal plan until the second week.
Another common complaint was the cancellation fees. These complaints came from users who had signed up to Nutrisystem with auto delivery. With auto delivery, Nutrisystem provides you with Free FedEx shipping and up to 35% off their monthly plans. If you cancel after the 14-day money back guarantee period and before paying for your second consecutive 4-week order, you will be charged the $125 auto-delivery discount you received for your first shipment.
Few customers also had difficulties with Nutrisystem NuMi App. The app can use some improvement and could be more user-friendly especially for those that are just starting out.
Overall, customers love how perfectly portioned the meals were, how the food tasted, learning new healthy eating habits and that they actually lost weight in their first month.
Where To Buy Nutrisystem FreshStart
In general, Nutrisystem is comparatively affordable, especially if you consider the automatic delivery option, the discounts available, and the special exclusive offers that periodically come up.
To get the best possible price, it’s probably best if you order from Nutrisystem’s official website; this makes it possible to qualify for a humongous 40% discount and the extra, unique benefits that can only be accessed directly from Nutrisystem.
Nutrisystem FreshStart Costs & Prices
Nutrisystem FreshStart cost can vary, depending on the primary weight loss plans you select.
Nutrisystem costs for the Diabetes specialty plans are the same as the main Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus diet plans.
Nutrisystem for Women, Nutrisystem for Women Diabetes and Nutrisystem for Women Vegetarian Costs:
- Basic: $284.99 w/ auto-delivery or $438.45 with a one-time delivery
- Core: $309.99 w/auto-delivery or $476.91 with a one-time delivery
- Uniquely Yours: $349.99 w/ auto-delivery or $538.45 with a one-time delivery
- Uniquely Yours Plus: $389.99 w/ auto-delivery or $599.98 with a one-time delivery
- Vegetarian: $349.99 w/ auto-delivery or $538.45 with a one-time delivery
Nutrisystem for Men, Nutrisystem for Men Diabetes and Nutrisystem for Men Vegetarian Costs:
- Basic: $324.99 w/ auto-delivery or $499.98 with a one-time delivery
- Core: $349.99 w/auto-delivery or $538.45 with a one-time delivery
- Uniquely Yours: $389.99 w/ auto-delivery or $599.98 with a one-time delivery
- Uniquely Yours Plus: $429.99 w/ auto-delivery or $661.52 with a one-time delivery
- Vegetarian: $389.99 w/ auto-delivery or $599.98 with a one-time delivery
Nutrisystem FreshStart Featured Deals & Offers:
Today’s Deal: Click here to Save 45% on NutriSystem FreshStart (All Plans) Plus FREE Shakes & Free FedEx Shipping Today! (Offer Expires Soon!)
Today’s Deal: Click here to Get 50% Off Your First Two Weeks On All Nutrisystem Plans Plus FREE Shakes & Free FedEx Shipping Today! (Offer Expires Soon!)
Today’s Deal: Click here to Get $100 Off Any Nutrisystem Plan Plus FREE Shakes & Free FedEx Shipping Today! (Offer Expires Soon!)
Are There Any Program Restrictions?
There are some people for whom Nutrisystem Fresh Start may not be ideal—they include:
- Anyone allergic to peanuts, soy, or latex
- Pregnant females
- Anyone suffering from anorexia nervosa or bulimia
- Chronic disease patients
- Diabetics or pre-diabetics
- Persons requiring a ketogenic or gluten-free diet.
- Anyone who has experienced serious problems with high fiber diets
- Children under 14—they aren’t qualified for Nutrisystem programs.
- Adolescents between 14 and 17 years need special meal plans and physician approval; this goes for nursing Moms
- Women weighing over 400 and men over 450 pounds must have doctor approval for Nutrisystem participation
Like any other weight loss plan out there, Nutrisystem FreshStart isn’t perfect, nor is it for everyone. But, if you have the drive, the motivation and the will to lose that excess weight, the new FreshStart may just be the answer.
The weight loss plan with the best promise for success is one that motivates you to eat right, provides all the nutrition you need (while protecting you from bad things, like too many preservatives), is relatively safe, and comes with a good support team/structure.
What Do You Think?
Have you tried Nutrisystem FreshStart? What did you like about it and what did you not? Did you lose any weight? How much? Would you recommend it to friends and family members? Your input will help other people get motivated and, if enough people vouch for it, maybe it will help them also lose some weight.
Feel free to share your feedback and experience with us and our readers in the comment section below.